Lighting changes, was Re: [crossfire] Circular lighting & negetive glow_radiuses

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Mon Apr 11 01:36:44 CDT 2005

Alex Schultz wrote:

      Mark Wedel wrote:

      Ok. So should I just build the 'conversion' into the main formula?

      Also, should I implement a lookup table (generated at server load) right

      now, or should I leave it as is and add the lookup table eventually

      later as a separate patch?

  The two questions are somewhat related.

  IF you do a lookup table, there really isn't much need for a formula then
(light is offset by 2,4, so its brigthness is X).

  Certainly, doing the first pass without a lookup table is easier.  However, if
you plan to do a lookup table, may be less effort in the long term to do that
now so you don't really need a formula.