Lighting changes, was Re: [crossfire] Circular lighting & negetive glow_radiuses

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Sun Apr 17 16:19:46 CDT 2005

Alex Schultz wrote:

      I noticed a small mistake to due with the recent 'conversion' to make

      the name glow_radius accurate again. In the changes I made to deal

      with the "conversion" from glow_radius, I accidentally made it so

      negative glow radiuses aren't working again. The circular lighting is

      working, it's just that negative glow radiuses won't be working. I've

      attached a small diff to fix that. (negetivefix.diff)

     Aurg... I must have been asleep or something when I made those
'conversion' changes. Here's another fix to my stupidity when doing that.

Server Admins: If you update to the very latest cvs without this fix,
then your player will find that monsters will almost always detect them
even in complete darkness when the monster doesn't have night vision. I
highly suggest you either wait till this fix is in CVS (should be some
time within 24 hours), or apply this patch yourself.

    --Alex Schultz (aka Rednaxela)