[crossfire] Items that evolve all the time

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Tue Apr 26 08:17:09 CDT 2005

      Indeed, time to open some fish & chips at scorn square central

And have shops players could own & run :)

      This tag is increased by the object speed at each server tick. When it reach a

      fixed amount, that fixed amount is substracted and the object plays on turn.

      (simply one call to move(ob) i think)

Oh, that one. Yes, of course I'll use it, growing items will have a speed & such, and a movement consisting of growing.

      no need to remember them in an overlay map. and remembering the tree has one

      apple is as simple as putting an apple in the tree inventory. sure

Except when map gets reset you lose that. And the aim would be to *not* lose that on map reset :)
Unless i'm mistaking, what you suggest would work when swapping a map, but not for reset.

      Concerning the fast forward, i probably wasn't clear.

     <snip>

That's exactly what I was thinking to do, indeed.
But the catch is that there is a flag indicating when the map was swapped, I think, but no flag to say when the map was reset last time.

      Yes, one step at a time, but i fear to see player planting tree seeds in the

      scorn square :)

There won't be seeds at first, I guess :)
Just fields & such.

Ryo