[crossfire] Extensions to building

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Mon Aug 15 01:42:26 CDT 2005

      Hi,

'lo

      Adding the buttons is extremely simple, though the teleporters and magic

      ear/mouth stuff will take some coding work, though I don't think it will

      be too bad. The main purpose of these additions would be that it would

      allow players to make fully customized and functional map mechanics

      which would be neat. Does anybody have any concerns with any of this?

No concern at all here, glad people extend my building code :)
I suggest using scrolls for magic ear / mouth contents / teleporter
coordinates, alongside with a marking rule for connection value.
Just remember one thing: you can't insert items under the floor, as
it'll disappear at map reset (unique floor stores items above it, not
the ones below), so the items will most certainly be visible.

I would say we could think of extending building to create new maps from
templates - ie buy a new pocket dimension for 1.000.000.000 platinum :)
Only concern: if we want non player specific maps, that would mean
letting server actually write to map subdirectories - maybe not
something we want.

         Thanks,

            Alex Schultz

Nicolas