[crossfire] Client display logic rewrite

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Tue Aug 16 22:54:55 CDT 2005

Andreas Kirschbaum wrote:

      But the actual server implementation differs: the server just forgets

      the out-of-normal-map-bounds information after a map_scroll.

      What should I do here?

      a) fix the documentation (map_scroll implicitly clears out of map bounds

         information), or

  That seems fine.

      Another question: I did fix all clients (x11, gtk, gtk2) and (where

      appropriate) with -smooth, -sdl, and -opengl. Unfortunately, I cannot

      test gtk2 -opengl because it crashes at program start up with a

      "BadMatch" error. Is this a problem with my X11 setup or is the client

      broken?

  I started seeing the same thing after I updated by system and lost the
hardware opengl support.

  I would have thought that the software (emulated) gl support should work, but
apparantly doesn't.  I'd need to check the output of glxinfo in both cases and
see what is different - most likely, the software opengl support isn't
supporting some type of visual  or the like - that is what BadMatch typically means.

  Open a bug on this so its not forgotten.  That said, if you don't have
hardware opengl support, you don't get much by using that mode.