[crossfire] Re: gcfclient and sign display

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Wed Aug 17 10:33:54 CDT 2005

Lalo Martins wrote:

     And so says Mark Wedel on 17/08/05 12:07...

      run with -nopopups command line option.

      Without it, gtk client pops up window for player name, password, and

     some other things.

      With that option, player name and like is entered in the text dialogue

     box.

     First comments on it i receive since implemented. Disabling for those

     requesting it should be easy to code.

      Please do so, ideally adding a config option that shows up in the

     config menus and is saved in the config file (eg, like all the other

     config options).

     actually, I'd argue that this should be included in the effect of the

     existing nopopups thing, which exists for a long time, and is always on

     in my machines.

     I think the nopopups thing should do that, however I think there should
also be a config option specifically for the book/sign popups, because
personally I like the login popup, but highly dislike the book/sign popups.

    Alex Schultz