[crossfire] autogeneration of news file

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Sat Aug 20 15:37:57 CDT 2005

  In my mind, the news file should contain broader/bigger changes.

  Grabbing all the data from the Changelog is likely to be more data/detail than
most people care about.  Are players really going to care that the global arrays
are now consts, or that pointers have been fixed up?  Probably not.

  You could perhaps limit it to 50 lines of the most recent changes.

  However, I think it would still be best to just hand edit that file for
changes that players should really be aware of.

  That way, players are actually likely to read it.  If you otherwise just get a
list of changes that you ignore most of the time, you won't notice the few times
there are changes you actually care about.