[crossfire] Mac client - status

tchize tchize at myrealbox.com
Wed Aug 24 02:21:52 CDT 2005

Le Mercredi 24 Août 2005 08:31, Mark Wedel a écrit :

      Amorya North wrote:

      > Ah, ok - so I can store a pointer to an NSImage in the cache entry?

      > That would help a lot. I was wondering where I'd be able to do the

      > conversion.

        You might want to double check the gtk code/image.c - I'm not sure if your

      client would need to store anything else.  At least for the gtk client, since it

      stored multiple image entries (one for the image, one for the mask, as well as

      one for inventory display vs map).  But if one pointer conveys all the data you

      need, then I think that should work.

      > As for scaling, it's dead easy in Cocoa. A single line of code will

      > scale the map window's contents _after_ it's been composited. So I

      > won't allow scaling of images to be stored - it's just not needed!

        If performance is acceptable doing it that way, that is fine.  It was just

      generally a lot more efficient to scale day the images when created so you are

      moving fewer bits around than moving around the full size images and then

      scaling down the entire map display - if the scale down is done in software,

      probably can't be done fast enough during gameplay.

software? cmon we are speaking of cocoa, on a MAC :D

more seriously, i think cocoa simply does use opengl to scale (or at least 3D hardware), so this
not very expensive.

        that said, there is no requirement that scaling of the data even be allowed.

      crossfire at metalforge.org