[crossfire] LOS and lighting map redo

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Wed Aug 31 23:51:13 CDT 2005

Amorya North wrote:

      On 31 Aug 2005, at 07:37, Mark Wedel wrote:

       Colors aren't as hard.  Especially if we make the rule that if a

      space has multiple light sources, the brightest one takes precedence

      for things like color.

      Why don't we have the client composite it all? I'm hoping my client will

      look as graphically nice as possible... so we could have it calculate

      the effective colour so that if there was a red, green and blue light of

      the same brightness, you get white...

  Mostly because it now means that the server has to record all the different
light sources, colors, etc on the specific space and communicate that
information to the client.

  That makes things a bit more complicated than just having to record the
brigthness and brightest color of the space and communicate it.

  In addition, I'd expect there to be pretty few cases where there will actually
be multiple light sources on the same space, so this extra complication that
would have to be coded doesn't buy very much.