[crossfire] Wraith changes

Anton Oussik antonoussik at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 17:59:33 CST 2005

Today I have posted a patch to the tracker, which can be found at
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1382884&group_id=13833&atid=313833

Repeating the patch description, it does the following to wraiths:
>1 Wraith characters gain no food or health regeneration
>by eating normal food.
>
>2 Wraith characters do not regenerate health naturally
>at any noticable rate.
>
>3 Wraith characters deal more damage with life_stealing
>than other players do.
>
>4 Wraith characters also gain food when they attack
>using life_stealing.
>
>5 Wraith characters start with an extra skill called
>wraith_feed, which deals life_stealing attack and
>paralysis attack.
>
>6 life_stealing only works on living things now, and
>specifically not on doors.
>
>If these patches are applied to a running server, old
>wraith characters will be affected by change 1, 3, and
>4, but are not affected by changes 2 and 5. Change 6
>affects all characters.

The patch seems to work, but my biggest concern is game balance. On
one hand, a wraith should be strong enough to suck life from victim
faster than victim sucks blood from it, since if it is losing hp it
will die.

I feel a few more people should try the new wraith out before the
patch is applied to the main tree, as it is a sifnificant change to
how the race is played, and may not agree with other people's
perceptions of what this race should be like.