[crossfire] Banking system

Brendan Lally brenlally at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 07:35:05 CST 2005

On 12/24/05, Anton Oussik <antonoussik at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thinking about lalo's patch, an interesting idea would be to make a
> patch that makes the banking system more useful by introducing the
> following changes to the banks:
>
>   - Gain interest on money deposited

[snip]

> In my opinion this will encourage people to use the banking system to
> store money.

It would, but I think there would need to be an associated opportunity
cost, otherwise there would be no incentive to keep liquid capital.

maybe something like 'real' banks do, where there are two accounts,
one a currant account against which cheques are drawn, and a savings
account, which takes a week (or more) to take money from, has a high
transaction charge, and also offers a reasonable interest rate.

This would unfortunatly require a more complex interface.