[crossfire] Alsa 1.0.x client sound support.

Bob Tanner tanner at real-time.com
Thu Feb 10 12:26:47 CST 2005

On Thursday 10 February 2005 12:11 pm, tchize wrote:

      I use the alsa sound server and have a problem some other people already

      pointed:

      The sound server is blocking on the alsa device and stop responding, in the

      end, the client also freez because communication pipe is full.

Look at my branch of the client. I have autotool detect stuff correctly and
patch that will prevent the freeze, BUT sound rate(?) is off.  All the sounds
play a rate that is too fast, so it is like listen to a chimpunk record (hmm,
this might be US-only joke).

Regardless, there are several sounds that won't play now, because of code
changes Mark made, which I cannot find in my inbox at the moment.

--
Bob Tanner <

     tanner at real-time.com

     >         | Phone : (952)943-8700

     http://www.real-time.com,

      Minnesota, Linux| Fax   : (952)943-8500
Key fingerprint = AB15 0BDF BCDE 4369 5B42  1973 7CF1 A709 2CC1 B288