[crossfire] Haven't been able to compile for a month (Never Mind)

Vernon T Rhyne trhyne at MIT.EDU
Sun Feb 20 09:46:38 CST 2005

Couple things:  1) this bensnoodle thing is getting a bit out of hand.  What
gives?
2) I can't verify this in code yet, but the dragon-food-resistance mechanic
seems to be a little "off".  One of my characters is in the 30-ish cold
resistance range, and gets no gains from chinese dragons (+50 cold resist), but
got a gain from a dragonman wing (-15 cold resistance).  Again from anecdotal
testing, each food appears to be condensced into a "how does it taste" based on
total potential for gain, and then assign the gain randomly to anything it
possesses (positive or negative).  Maybe I'm way off here in my analysis.  If
not, then it really seems like it ought to figure each element separately.