No subject

Thu Jan 13 17:53:03 CST 2005

I expect they've already been seen and corrected in CVS, but just
in case:
1)The change in animation code means switches and doors under player
don't update in the floor display. Presumably seen weeks ago.
2)Entering maps and being blocked from entrance by monsters (because
they're standing where you're supposed to enter): One case in navar
where the little houses are all one map, so vikings had already moved
(and killed my low level character, I hadn't expected them), this
would be a map issue; BUT OTHER CASE, AFAIK, was a random map! Either
way, I hadn't been on that map before, and found myself surrounded
by creatures, incl. an ogre standing on the exit. That is surely a
big foobar. In long term, it would be nice if you could set "no
monster" flags on exits to stop this (actually, checkinv can just
about do this right now).
3)Strange button setting: One of my maps has the spike+boulder
machinery, but with *two* buttons under some of the spikes, to
take boulders along a line. When put a character in the map, it
messed up. When I reloaded it in crossedit, it had set many buttons
to be pushed already. Looking at the map source, none of them were
so (it is decided by "value", isn't it?). I figure both the server
and crossedit are using the same methods to calculate this. Mucking
about with weight value of *some* of the buttons sorted it, I
suppose it was assuming *all* things with weight value applied that
weight to buttons below. Fairly sure this wasn't a problem in the
older crossedit (from 0.95).
4)Strange button/pedestal updating: map mentioned in 3 mainly works
now, but there seems to be a problem with getting a button/pedestal/
gate combo to recognise when the gate has pushed an object off:
The gate is up and the object gone, but the button is still pushed
(having the effect here of locking player in, which is very wrong).

I'll try to tidy up my mapset tomorrow afternoon and upload it to
the ftp site. It's at the point that there's almost stuff worth
going there for, and it'll help illustrate points 3 and 4.
Tomble (Tom Barnes-LawrencE)