No subject

Thu Jan 13 17:53:03 CST 2005

On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 11:24:36AM -0500, Don Grey wrote:
 > I found a bug that makes MIDS go down for good. I did it last night but
 > thought it was a coincidence because 2 or 3 people had joined before it
 > crashed.

Please report bugs to

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

     , (you don't have
to do it with this email anymore because I reply to crossfire-devel)

 > Anyway, anyone who plays on MIDS is used to the constant crashing but it
 > comes back up in a minute or so usually.
 >
 > WELL, this bug causes it to die and NOT come back up.
As far as I know this is NOT true, there was no permanent crash according
to my logfiles

 > Anyway to reproduce it:
 >
 > Stand on a building or near a building and read "Summon Pet Monster"
 > scrolls.
 >
 > I did it last night and again today. I think it has to be more than 1 for
it

 > to die.
 >
 > Anyway.. When it dies it nevercomes back :(

The corefiles for the last crashes of mids.student.utwente.nl are on:

     http://mids.student.utwente.nl/~crossfire/cores/

 > So please bring MiDS up and disable summon pet monster until its fixed!!
I am not going to disable options to prevent the server from crashing. I
AM going to post a warning on the Fido messageboard that asks people not
to use it. Please don't exploit this bug to gain advantages

Thanks for your bugreport!

Joris Bontje / mids