No subject

Thu Jan 13 17:53:03 CST 2005

maps, and I'm not suggesting otherwise.  But it is reasonable to assume
that different DMs will want to build worlds with a different feel to them.
I might want to recreate Tolkien's world, or Greyhawk for example, and I
don't anticipate everyone else wanting to do the same.

       But I am thinking of changing the way to do cities - I'm now leaning to giving

      the city its own 50x50 tile, and updating the links in the adjoining world maps

      to use this tile, and putting a note in the 'missing' tile that in fact this

      tile is /scorn/city or the like.  This at least makes it a little easier to move

      things around, and I think will also make it a bit easier to know how maps are

      related to each other (eg, everything in /scorn would go back to /scorn/city,

      and not /world/world_110_124 for example).

This approach shares much of the value of what I was trying to suggest,
so I won't try to argue you out of it, but I do think you should consider
whether it is feasible to put every city on a mod 50 boundary.

Cheers,
-kls
--

     kevin at ank.com