[crossfire] exploding MOBs

Todd Mitchell temitchell at sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 21 09:49:41 CST 2005

What I should have said is "you can put arches into inventory now, BUT
WHAT I was thinking of IS adding will_explode and explode_attacktype
flags...

I was just going to add two new flags and change the death realted code
to pop up a explosion graphic and deal up some damage when the creature
dies.  Nothing too fancy involving arches or scripts.  I just thought
that exploding beasties would be quite useful and would encourage more
ranged combat and more novel combat strategies (You encounter a pack of
terrible Ogger Kobolds. They  try to swarm you - you don't want to fight
back or they might go off in a chain reaction.. you try to use your
windstorm spell to push them away... oh no! your party mate fires an
arrow into the pack and it's all over - boom!)

Maybe it can be done in the plugin however.

Mark Wedel wrote:

      Todd Mitchell wrote:

      Well you can put arches into inventory now - so you can already for

      example spawn a couple guards or fireballs or something when a MOB is

      destroyed.  I was thinking of a will_explode and explode_attacktype

      flags where if will_explode = 1, it produces a little pop graphic and

      deals out damage from attacktype (or explode_attacktype if it's not 0).

       Putting fireballs in the inventory is less likely to work, because of

      the timing - to get them to blow up after the monster dies, not before

      and not a long time after, is more complicated.

       Of course, I'd think exploding monsters could also be done via script

      (hook into the death event of the monster).  When the monster dies,

      death event is called, which basically just creates some objects

      specified wherever the monster died.