[crossfire] some bugs

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Sat Jan 22 02:50:57 CST 2005

Todd Mitchell wrote:

      Haven't had much time to test for the upcoming release but I did pull

      latest CVS of the server out and did a fresh install - some things I

      found:

      1. cannot install server without linking arch dir in the crossfire/lib

      and

      letting it do a collect (CVS debian woody)

  This is a packaging issue/CVS timing issue.

  The Makefile does the right thing and looks at the datestamps of different
files to figure out if it needs to run a collect.

  However, for that to work, files have to be created in a specific order.

  If you just do a 'cvs checkout', it doesn't create the files in the correct
order (there is in fact, no easy way to fix that).

  However, when the official releases are made in tar format, the order the
files are put into the archive (and thus, order they are extracted in) is very
specific, and thus it doesn't try to rebuild the archtypes.