[crossfire] Re: Random ideas. (topic split to resistance caps and interaction with )

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Tue Jul 5 01:16:02 CDT 2005

  I personally don't have an issue if a character can get straight 30 stats.

Unless the odds are really low, I think that even a cap of 35 would be reached
at some point.  My character probably has 100+ stat potions stashed away, but
OTOH, I'm not actively looking for them.  If I really had need/desire for them,
I'd perhaps go to places/maps where they show up more often.  In a sense, those
5 extra max points aren't going to change the makeup of characters, it will just
change at what level the all the characters look the same.

  The fact that pretty much all stats are relatively important - if a wraith
theif can get pretty close to that 30 dex at first level, maybe not great,
however, it does mean that instead of that player having to equip dex
improvement items, they can go for the con or str or other stats.  Right now,
I'm sure there are several race/class combos that get relative close to 30.

  If the stat limit were to be raised, I'd be inclined to do something a bit
more radical that increasing the limit by 5 points.  Make the limit 50, make the
bonuses linear, etc.  Because otherwise I have a feeling that couple years from
now, we'll be having this discussion again that 35 is not high enough.