[crossfire] RFC: Wild idea to make experience more interesting

Anton Oussik antonoussik at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 02:41:35 CDT 2005

On 7/5/05, Lalo Martins <

     lalo at exoweb.net

     > wrote:

      What I thought is, by mass-slaughter, you can, as reported in that

      thread, get to level 90 quite fast.  This makes it more or less

      mechanical for the level-seekers - and a mechanical game gets boring

      quick.  It also makes it uninteresting for the game-explorer-types, who

      will try each of those dungeons once then leave in disgust, back to

      their alchemy labs.

      So I thought... a very-very-high-level character should, supposedly,

      have a wide range of skills, no?  It's weird that someone is level 90

      and only have three or four skills with levels above 10.

I recall a while ago cavehippo proposed an interesting modification to
the skills system. Instead of contributing to a specific skill every cast
contributes to sevearl skills (by a positive or negative amount).

This will result in an overall more balanced characters IMO, but would
require a rewrite of most of the current skills and experience system.