[crossfire] Map Protocol Question

Alex Schultz AlDragon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 19:15:55 CDT 2005

Hi,

I'm currently making a bot framework with a GUI display similar to a normal
client in python. I have managed to impliment handling for the map protocol in a
way that works quite well except for a few obscure bugs, one of which I'm
wondering if anybody has any idea about.

I've noticed that often while teleporting in the GTK client, that sometimes some
seemly random tiles are blank for a very brief moment and then display after the
others. In the bot that I'm making, for some reason this same thing happens
except those tiles stay blank. I haven't been able to determine the pattern to
which tiles are blank, but I'm wondering if anybody has any idea about possible
cause of that.

I can send the code for my bot, if anybody is interested or if it might help,
however I feel it impolite to send a larger attachment on the mailing list, and
the fact that I'm using the gmane posting interface right now makes sending it
as an attachment not an option.

Alex Schultz