[crossfire] Re: RFC: Wild idea to make experience more interesting

Alex Schultz AlDragon at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 12:46:43 CDT 2005

Anton Oussik <

     antonoussik at ...

     > writes:

      (snipped for size)

      I don't know of a good way of doing this without

      ruining single-player mode, or even if it is something

      that would be liked, but I feel a change like this would

      improve player interaction and would result in player

      communities emerging. If such a change is

      implemented it should definately be there as an option.

I feel that the best solution to this would be doing something like this:
-Make spell path attunement *much* more noticible at higher levels (make it a
50% bonus perhaps or something like that instead of a 5 level bonus which
doesn't matter at high levels)
-Make an equilivant to attunement for non-spell skills and make it have a
similar level of affect to the spell path attunement as improved above
-Make classes start with attunements, including 'non-spell-skill attunements'
that I propose above

I feel that that would make class actually matter (currently they don't really
matter past level 20), but at the same time not be too limiting.

Alex Schultz