[crossfire] About "glue" code

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Thu Jul 14 15:27:46 CDT 2005

Hello.

What's the use of the "glue" code? In glue.c, and the callback
functions, in the library.

     From what I understand, it was supposed to be for the Python plugin.

     But the fun part is that is doesn't work under Win32: the library is
generated as static, so plugin and server have each their own without
any shared data.

So I was pondering simply cleaning/removing that. That would imply
fixing plugin system, too, as all functions should be callbacks and
not directly hooking to server (like add_string that does *not* work
between plugin and server under Win32...).

Opinions?

Ryo