[crossfire] Group spells

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Fri Jul 15 01:16:28 CDT 2005

Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      Hello.

      I committed a few days ago a new spell type, 48, 'party spell', which

      lets a player cast a spell on party members in the same map.

      It will need to be throughly tested, I'm not sure whether everything

      works or not, or if behaviour is as intended :)

      To make one such spell:

      * define subtype as 48

      * fill in 'other_arch' with the spell archetype

      Note that spell uses party spell's statistics for gp/sp, not party

      spell, and has a one-time cost.

      Also currently all players on the same map are affected, for the same

      price, whereas maybe it could be decided randomly or based on distance.

  Maybe - hard to say for sure - one would think the cost should be pretty fixed
(if the party is on mixed maps, would be sort of annoying to not have enough
mana to cast the spell because someone popped onto the map you're on).  Perhaps
the best thing to do is limit the number of people the spell will effect, going
from closest to caster to farthest.

  One note - one should not user comparisions of op->map to check for same
mapness - use 'on_same_map' - checking directly won't work correctly on tiled
maps, which is all the outdoor maps.