[crossfire] Metalforge down?

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Sun Jul 31 18:59:34 CDT 2005

Rick Tanner wrote:

      Seems to have crashed the Crossfire server, yet the main server pings..

      unstable code?

      Crossfire was hung for some reason, killed & restarted it manually.

And before anybody asks: no, it wasn't my arena petmode again, I've saw
the core dump and it's related to the cone spellcasting code. Though I
have just identified a potential hang in the arena petmode code if other
parts of the code do unexpected things that I think indicated problems
elsewhere(pets owned by themself, or pets having pets which are their
owner), but anyways I will make a safeguard for that asap. However no,
this hang was not because of the arena petmode.

Alex Schultz