[crossfire] Python bindings and forces

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Wed Jun 1 01:35:08 CDT 2005

Mark Wedel wrote:

      I'm not sure, since I haven't played with the python stuff much.

      But one thing to be aware - the python code is in a plugin shared

      library, and the server loads that library from someplace where prefix

      points to.

       So if you do what I often do, which is run the server directory from

      the build directory and don't run make install, you'll continue to

      have the old plugin code until you do a make install.

I am doing a full "make && make install" when I'm doing this

       One other note on your change - if you are modifying the object

      speed, you need to add a call to update_ob_speed, otherwise the object

      won't be processed and do anything.

The existing code in "CreateInvisibleObjectInside" already calls
update_op_speed and I haven't changed that. From what I can tell, the
issue has to do with usage of "PyArg_ParseTuple", but I'm not sure.