[crossfire] No autogen.sh for the client?

tchize tchize at myrealbox.com
Thu Jun 2 02:47:18 CDT 2005

Le Jeudi 2 Juin 2005 09:01, Mark Wedel a écrit :

      tchize wrote:

      > Configure is enough to build client, there is an autogen.sh on server

      > part of code, but i never use it. My system has several version of

      > automake/ autoheader/ autoconf and autogen.sh always picks up the wrong

      > one. So i do the process by hand.

        the other reason is that until the addition of the gtk-v2 portion of the

      code, the only 'auto' command to run for the client was autoconf (and

      perhaps aclocal) - certainly a small enough set of tools that anyone doing

      it could figure out those command on their own.

      Since the gtk-v2 client does use automake, probably makes sense to put in

      an autogen file, but even then, only 'serious' developers should really

      need it, and hopefully they know what commands they need to run anyways.

Speaking about automake.

Since a few week i noticed each time i do a commit, all the Makefile.in are
commited along. Did someone change the configure script to regenerate
automake.in file each time a ./configure is run? If that's the case, maybe
removing Makefile.in files from cvs would be a good think (if they became
machine dependent, there is no reason to keep them in CVS)

      crossfire at metalforge.org