[crossfire] Buildable savebeds

Rick Tanner leaf at real-time.com
Mon May 9 20:08:34 CDT 2005

On Mon, 9 May 2005, Andrew Fuchs wrote:

      I would like to discuss the addition of buildable savebeds.  Mainly If

      they should exist and what their price should be.

They do no exist now, and IMNSHO it should continue to be that way.

Here's a reason why:

What is to stop players from using their newly created bed of reality in a
treasure room and logging in every two hours to loot the map?

That is rather frustrating for other players who go through all portions
of the map only to discover the treasure has already been collected.

This is a good part of the reason why a change was made with town portal -
for them to disappear with map resets.

Am I confusing "buildable" save bed, as in an add-on for a personal
apartment or guild hall, with a "portable" save bed in this case?