[crossfire] Request for ui bindings for scripts.

Preston Crow pc-crossfire04 at crowcastle.net
Sat May 14 12:54:50 CDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-05-14 at 13:39, Andrew Fuchs wrote:

      It would be nice if a script can intergrate more fully with the

      client's ui.  Namly, add enteries to the menubar, and otherwise

      maniuplate the ui of the client.

That would be nice.

One thing nice about the current interface is it requires very little
modification of the non-common client code.  It can be used with the old
cfclient, gtkclient, and pretty much anything else.

If someone wrote a generic "add button" interface to the various
clients, then it would be fairly easy to hook the scripting in to it.

I'm not familiar enough with the various toolkits to do something like
that.

But I could imagine a number of uses:  A button that equips your
fighting gear, another that equips your magic gear, another to pray
until you hit max grace, etc.  I have scripts like those, but I just use
'scripttell' to activate them (often bound to a key).

--PC