[crossfire] Spellcasting Swords & Python Troubles

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Thu May 19 23:28:18 CDT 2005

Alex Schultz wrote:

      Due to the first issue I mentioned in my first e-mail, I hardcoded it

      to "spell_sm_lightning" for testing.  I'm going to add the needed

      functionality (getting the archetype name from an object) to the

      python plugin later tonight.

Coded and in the SF tracker.

      I just encountered another problem. For the direction to cast the

      spell, I'm using "GetDirection(activator)" which does properly get the

      direction that the player is going if the player is running, but it

      returns 0 (i.e. casting a cone spell around you or bolt under you)

      when the player is not running. Any ideas?

Sorry for posting this issue so hastily. I found the solution and it
also required added python bindings. These additions to the bindings are
on the SF tracker with the others here:

     http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1205421&group_id=13833&atid=313833

I would appreciate it if somebody who knows that area of the code
reviews it and if it's good, then commit it.

       Thanks,
             Alex Schultz (aka Rednaxela)