[crossfire] Create food / alchemy abuse?

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Wed May 25 18:31:40 CDT 2005

Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      Same player on Metalforge that reported talisman issue also showed

      alchmy-related one.

      Player can easily use 'create mandrake root', and 'create booze' and

      things like that to make potions of cure disease.

      Thus again much money gained, for a real low risk.

      I thought items created with 'create food' were god-given?

Both I and eracc (poof or galahad on MF) have known about the fact that
"create food" items being usable for alchemy for a long while now.
Neither of us have really considered it a bug. We've done it for things
like water of the wise and some others, but those alone aren't very
profitable, though they are good for getting parts for other alchemy
recipes. It seems you've stumbled across a highly profitable one
compared to the ones eracc and I have been using for making alchemy parts.

I don't consider this to be bug that create food spells can be used in
alchemy, however I'm thinking that something need to be done to increase
risk to those using it. One possible solution to this that I just
thought of, would be making the items made by create food cursed a
portion of the time to mess up people trying to abuse it for alchemy (as
those who do alchemy should know well... throwing cured items into the
mix can sure mess somebody up)

       Alex Schultz (aka Rednaxela)