[crossfire] multipart images

Mitch Obrian mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com
Sat May 28 01:02:09 CDT 2005

I think this should be a non issue. Nothing is
broken... changing the image names and the arches is
usless busy work.... just a waste.

--- Mark Wedel <

     mwedel at sonic.net

      Todd Mitchell wrote:

      > Not sure I am following - I am proposing using "x"

      for single images

      > greater than a single tile in size.  Images that

      are a single tile would

      > still use the "1" as would the first tile in a

      large image which has not

      > been merged.  Since the first digit was only to

      denote the tile order

      > using x will distinguish multi-tile images from

      single tile images.

        My point was that at some level, changing the

      naming to distinguish large

      (merged) images for other single images is

      inconsistent.

        that is to say, right now, I think there are some

      large (merged) images that

      are currently in the .111, .112, etc format.  Those

      can all get renamed I

      suppose, but just a note.

        But because of that, having the first digit be a

      '1' for large images isn't

      necessary incorrect - it is the first part of the

      image - it just happens to be

      a large image.

        I also have the concern about sort of large

      images.  For example, with the

      large image support, you could make something like

      an ogre that is 40 pixels

      high, and it will be drawn properly (ignoring

      existing drawing errors).  Should

      that have an 'x' or '1' for the first tile?  That's

      just a matter of

      clarification of when should an x be used instead of

      1.

      crossfire at metalforge.org