[crossfire] Python bindings and forces

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Tue May 31 23:43:48 CDT 2005

Hi,

Today I was tring to extend the "CreateInvisibleObjectInside" function
in the python bindings to also allow limited duration forces to be
created in the same manner that markers can do that. So I attempted to
add another optional parameter to allow the duration to set (in the same
measurement as the food parameter of marker objects). However when I try
to call it with:

    force = CFPython.CreateInvisibleObjectInside(activator, forcename, 1.00)

the script crashes with:

    TypeError: function takes exactly 2 arguments (3 given)

I've attached the modifications that I've tried to make to it here.
Anybody have any ideas?

  Thanks,
      Alex Schultz