[crossfire] Changing Python scripts for global events

Yann Chachkoff yann.chachkoff at myrealbox.com
Tue Nov 1 13:34:14 CST 2005

Le Mardi 1 Novembre 2005 17:42, Nicolas Weeger a écrit :

      Hello.

      I was wondering if it wouldn't be interesting to make the

      /python/event/python_xxx scripts simply run all scripts in a subdir eg

      /python/event/born/, or have the plugin do that itself.

     Sounds indeed like a good idea.
I'd prefer to see the plugin do the job itself - it looks somewhat more
logical to me.

      (yes, it feels like runlevels in linux)

      The idea is to "modularize" the scripts, to be able to simply distribute

      extensions. So we could for instance pack the whole "postoffice"

      scripts, and make that an install option. Then make a "guild" package,

      and thus (a "gps" one, ...).

     ... And the next logical step could be the packaging of new maps in the same
way - so if I don't install the Post Office Script package, I cannot install
the Post Office maps (and the buildings are simply unlinked).
Admittedly, this is a rather long-term idea, and maybe unnecessary - but well,
maybe there is something good to gather from that silly idea ?

      Ryo

      crossfire at metalforge.org