[crossfire] alchemy/alchemy

Brendan Lally brenlally at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 14:46:31 CST 2005

Currently there are two concepts within the game world called
'alchemy', the first is a skill for the transformation of items, the
second (which I was just reminded of today, having forgotten of it due
to its general uselessness) is the spell alchemy which transforms
items into gold.

These two things having the same name is confusing, so I propose that
one of them change their name.

since alchemy.c is a file that deals with the skill alchemy, it would
be more consistent to rename the spell. I propose the name 'aura of
midas' although if someone else has another idea then that would be
fine too.

If it were the case that it were decided to keep the name alchemy for
the spell, then notwithstanding the comment about source file names,
it would be equally straightforward to rename the alchemy skill. In
this case I would suggest something like apothecary as a suitable
replacement name.