[crossfire] Selling price variance and buying price variance

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Tue Nov 8 00:49:48 CST 2005

Brendan Lally wrote:

       And, I say -ish, because in the store, each one has a

      different price... for my character, 239-265 or so.  That seems bizarre.  Why

      would the price not be the same for the same item in the same store?

      This is because there is an arbitrary adjustment to price based on the

      item count and map name, it is in the range of +-5% it is designed to

      allow otherwise identical shops to give a small variation in price.

      Possibly it shouldn't apply to shops selling items, only buying them?

  How does it do that?  does it just randomize the price in the query strings
(if so, how does that remain consistent), or does it change the actual objects
value?

  If the later, I'd suggest changing it - I'd hate to have 15 of the 'same' item
that don't merge because of minor variations in the price.