[crossfire] Selling price variance and buying price variance

Mitch Obrian mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 8 07:14:56 CST 2005

I think the variance is a good thing.
Please keep it.

--- Brendan Lally <
     brenlally at gmail.com
     > wrote:

      On 11/8/05, Mark Wedel <
      mwedel at sonic.net
      > wrote:
     >
      > Brendan Lally wrote:
     >
      > > This is because there is an arbitrary adjustment

      to price based on the

      > > item count and map name, it is in the range of

      +-5% it is designed to

      > > allow otherwise identical shops to give a small

      variation in price.

      > > Possibly it shouldn't apply to shops selling

      items, only buying them?

      >   How does it do that?  does it just randomize the

      price in the query strings

      > (if so, how does that remain consistent), or does

      it change the actual objects

      > value?

      It is the price returned by query_cost that changes.

      lines 295-300 server/shop.c

      /* we will also have an extra 0-5% variation between

      shops of the same type

      	 * for valuable items (below a value of 50 this

      effect wouldn't be very

      	 * pointful, and could give fun with rounding.

      	 */

      	if(who->map->path!=NULL && val > 50)

     val=(sint64)val+0.05*(sint64)val*cos(tmp->count+strlen(who->map->path));

      making this not apply to a shop when it sells items,

      is as simple as

      adding an '&& flag == F_SELL' to the if statement.

      crossfire at metalforge.org