[crossfire] (Python)

Mitch Obrian mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 10 14:05:33 CDT 2005

I don't think it's a good idea to move all these
things to python without "requiring" python (IE: when
debian people ask if they need to require python for
the debs we should say yes). Now for make.. python
shouldn't be required.

On a second note, what are the benifits to using
python for object transformations? My thoughts are
that we can quickly add many transformations and no
recompile is needed, I assume python is greatly
flexible in this instance. I think we should have
python required in the packages (or atleast strongly
recomended) as without it there's no banks, no mail,
etc... no slots.

--- Nicolas Weeger <
     nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
     > wrote:

      >  Other thought is use of the new key-value lists -

      can just do something

      > like:
     >

      > on_use_item ...

      On yeah, great idea, didn't think of that :)

      I'll use key/value for item transformation, too (and

      i'll probably move

      the code to Python, as it isn't imo required for the

      game)

      Nicolas

      crossfire at metalforge.org