[crossfire] [IDEA] Reagents for cast magic

ERACC eracclists at bellsouth.net
Fri Oct 14 12:56:43 CDT 2005

On Friday 14 October 2005 12:27 pm
Alberto Sáez Lodeiros wrote:

      I was playing Ultima Online much time, and i have an idea from this game.

      At Ultima Online, the players need reagents to cast spells, for

      example, to cast "lightning" it's required to have 1 mandrake root, 1

      nightshade flower and 1 black pearl, and each spell has his own

      reagents convination, but there are only 6 or 7 reagents. In ultima

      online they was bloodmoss, black pearl, mandake root, spider silk, and

      two more that i do not remember at now.
     [...]

Needing items to cast spells is more along the lines of witchcraft
than sorcerous magic (read some Steven Brust <
     http://dreamcafe.com/

to see what I mean). In CF the magic system seems to be sorcerous
based. The witchcraft based magic is more akin to alchemy in CF.

Gene Alexander
--
Linux era4.eracc.UUCP 2.6.8.1-12mdk i686
 12:49:37 up 149 days, 13:30,  9 users,  load average: 0.13, 0.11, 0.13

eCS, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare resellers