[crossfire] [IDEA] Reagents for cast magic

Brendan Lally brenlally at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 23:55:55 CDT 2005

On 10/15/05, Mitch Obrian <
     mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com
     > wrote:

      I also like the food idea. Perhapse if you don't

      follow the correct diet then your SP stays at 1/2 of

      what it could be.

hmm, this is a different idea to what I had in mind, but actually has
a lot to commend it.

maybe even moreso, have all foodstuffs have different stats, and have
them affect the player.

foods could have a series of different stats, so that eating different
types of food would slowly skew a character a little.

Eating lots of fat would increase armour and resistances,  and
decrease speed and ac.

Eating lots of sugar would increase dex and Con, but reduce
intelligence and power and make spellcasting failure more common.

Eating foods with E-numbers in could increase spellpoints and give
spellpath attunements, but also have randomly bad effects (confusion,
blindness, paralysis, death)

Drinking some alcohol would increase Cha and cold resistance but
reduce Dex, drinking more would reduce it, and create a
(non-transmittable) illness - hangover.