[crossfire] More server speed reducing the objects number

Alberto Sáez Lodeiros cerzeo at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 11:28:32 CDT 2005

(Before that, sorry for my english, I'm from Spain, and there are some
expressions i don't know very well)

I was thinking that the MetalForge server can goes faster (or simply
save RAM?) reducing the objects in the world. I refer to reduce the
number the objects, not monsters.

One way to do this is making "corpses-containers", as some CF players
disscuss at #crossfire IRC channel.

For those who weren't there at October 15, the questions is this:

"When a player kill a monster, this monster drops it's loot to the
floor, creating on this way some more object. So the idea is that
instead the killed monster drop all the loot, only appear it's corpse,
and then, when the player "apply" the corpse, this opens like a
briefcase or chest, containing all the monster's loot."

We have disscussed the way to do this, and like we talk about, the best way is:
1.- Spawn
2.- Create random Loot
3.- Die
4.- Create container
5.- Move loot to container
6.- Put container in monster

Well, the idea is reduce the objects over the map/s

And this is all. I think this is a good idea.. :)