[crossfire] More server speed reducing the objects number

Mitch Obrian mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 15 12:10:30 CDT 2005

If one's server is lagging because of items then one
is running his server on a 286 PS/2 system (if that is
even possible). This is a non-problem.

--- Brendan Lally <
     brenlally at gmail.com
     > wrote:

      On 10/15/05, Alberto Sáez Lodeiros

      <
      cerzeo at gmail.com
      > wrote:
     >
      > We have disscussed the way to do this, and like we

      talk about, the best way is:

      > 1.- Spawn
     >
      > 2.- Create random Loot
     >
      > 3.- Die
     >
      > 4.- Create container
     >
      > 5.- Move loot to container
     >
      > 6.- Put container in monster

      What would you do to the container (cadaver?) after

      a player 'opens'

      it? Destroy the container, or leave it there, empty?

      If the corpses were to remain, then using the dead

      bodies for storing

      different equipment could be interesting. I can

      certainly envision

      storing large numbers of axes in a goblin.

      crossfire at metalforge.org