[crossfire] Love and marriage, love and marriage...

Mitch Obrian mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 18 07:45:42 CDT 2005

There should be no divorce imho (remeber this is the
ancient world, if there was divorce only men could do
it).

Also there will need to be new art for the females.
(Best to wait untill we have the art).

I'm not a fan of marraige in muds. It's a game, not
real life. We shouldn't promote parrell relationships
in the gameworld which may become serious: promotes
adultery.

--- Anton Oussik <
     antonoussik at gmail.com

      On 16/10/05, Lalo Martins <
      lalo at exoweb.net
      > wrote:
     >
      > Here's a small list of things I think marriage

      could do in CF:

      Some very good ideas, I'd like to see them

      implemented in CrossFire.

      Also adding gender at the same time would seem like

      a good idea. This

      does bring up a few questions though:

      I persume you would get married in a church, which

      means you would

      need to worship a god of some sort.

        - Should the couple worship the same god for

      marriage to work? Maybe

      allow marriages between worshipers of different gods

      as long as they

      are not enemies and there is no conflict with any of

      the gods?

        - Do we allow same sex marriges (I can see valriel

      rejecting them)?

      Should it be god dependant? Should some gods not

      allow marriage

      alltogether (like devourers, since the primary goal

      of getting married

      is having children, and this seems to go against the

      principles of

      devourers)

        - Divorces. Let's face it, relationships do not

      last for ever, and

      you may decide to go your own ways. Should there be

      a mechanism for

      terminating a marriage?

      crossfire at metalforge.org