[crossfire] Love and marriage, love and marriage...

Joshua Wilson josh at woosworld.net
Tue Oct 18 17:35:12 CDT 2005

Using your logic we are also encouraging tossing alchemy, demon worship,
  killing people to get things they are carrying , etc..

At some point we have to draw the line and say it's simply a game.

Games model certain aspects of real life (and if marriage is one of them
so be it) and completely disregard other aspects (when was the last time
you saw killed someone with a fireball?)

Josh

Mitch Obrian wrote:

      Yes, many people do it. It is not terribly hard for it

      to occur (especially when encouraged, as this marraige

      idea would). What is "fake" becomes real and then the

      people decide to meet up etc.

      We really should not try to encourage this, even if

      the marraige is fake and in a game... it's still real

      people... and the can and do become attached.

      Crossfire has no need of marraige, it is indeed one

      thing I don't like about many muds.

      (I sent the preceeding letter to the mailing list...

      and it wasn't posted, I will probably have to use

      another email soon as I'm being cencored).

      --- Brendan Lally <
      brenlally at gmail.com

     On 10/18/05, Mitch Obrian <
      mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com

     wrote:

     There should be no divorce imho (remeber this is

     the

     ancient world, if there was divorce only men could

     do

     it).

     Also there will need to be new art for the

     females.

     (Best to wait untill we have the art).

     Concurred

     I'm not a fan of marraige in muds. It's a game,

     not

     real life. We shouldn't promote parrell

     relationships

     in the gameworld which may become serious:

     promotes

     adultery.

     Does anyone actually do that? If so they are really

     rather pathetic,

     and seems to have missed the RP- part of the name of

     the genre as a

     whole.

      Yahoo! Music Unlimited

      http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/