[crossfire] Love and marriage, love and marriage...

Joshua Wilson josh at woosworld.net
Tue Oct 18 18:38:09 CDT 2005

Logan Tygart wrote:

      On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 18:35 -0400, Joshua Wilson wrote:

     Using your logic we are also encouraging tossing alchemy, demon worship,

       killing people to get things they are carrying , etc..

     At some point we have to draw the line and say it's simply a game.

     Games model certain aspects of real life (and if marriage is one of them

     so be it) and completely disregard other aspects (when was the last time

     you saw killed someone with a fireball?)

      Precisely, so why bother coding something that is a human response?  If

      people want to get married, let them do so by announcing it to the local

      town.  Maybe on a bulletin board in the town hall, as a suggestion.  No

      need to hard wire marriage into server code.

I think the reasons for coding it are to allow things like a shared
apartment or possibly some of the other benefits that were being
discussed.  While I'm not necessarily in agreement with the list of
potential bonuses being discussed I don't think one of the reasons not
to work on it is because we might encourage adultery.

      Just my opinion,

      Logan (Symbiote on metalforge server)

      crossfire at metalforge.org

Joshua Wilson