[crossfire] chat-embeddable in webpage

Andrew Fuchs fuchs.andy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 20:48:34 CDT 2005

On 10/20/05, Joshua Wilson <
     josh at woosworld.net
     > wrote:

      Unless the server implemented a sort of "light" client interface?  I'm

      not a client person so I can't really comment here, but could we have a

      client similar to an old telnet client that only subscribed to

      chat/shout messages? i.e. some form of bot that may or may not even need

      to login?

Such exists, just send "oldsocketmode" without the usual bytecount,
when you first connect.  then you can see shouts, and chats, and use
the "who" command.

You can't easily use this interface for much more though, since it has
become somewhat broken (you can log in, but the "shout" command won't
work, "chat" will though; also when loged in, food usage applies).
Additionaly, there is the posibility that it will be removed in the
future, because of it being broken.

--
Andrew Fuchs