[crossfire] chat-embeddable in webpage

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Sat Oct 22 22:51:35 CDT 2005

Mitch Obrian wrote:

      You can crash the server with old sockets mode :(.

  There were bugs with this in the past, but I haven't heard of any recently on
this.

      --- Andrew Fuchs <
      fuchs.andy at gmail.com

      On 10/20/05, Joshua Wilson <
      josh at woosworld.net

      wrote:

      Unless the server implemented a sort of "light"

      client interface?  I'm

      not a client person so I can't really comment

      here, but could we have a

      client similar to an old telnet client that only

      subscribed to

      chat/shout messages? i.e. some form of bot that

      may or may not even need

      to login?

      Such exists, just send "oldsocketmode" without the

      usual bytecount,

      when you first connect.  then you can see shouts,

      and chats, and use

      the "who" command.

      You can't easily use this interface for much more

      though, since it has

      become somewhat broken (you can log in, but the

      "shout" command won't

      work, "chat" will though; also when loged in, food

      usage applies).

      Additionaly, there is the posibility that it will be

      removed in the

      future, because of it being broken.

      --

      Andrew Fuchs