[crossfire] Looking for volunteer wiki editors

Andrew Fuchs fuchs.andy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 22:05:43 CDT 2005

On 10/26/05, Rick Tanner <
     leaf at real-time.com
     > wrote:

      Please contact me /offlist/ if you are interested in becoming an editor

      on the new Crossfire wiki ( which is running DokuWiki,

      http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:dokuwiki
      )

Nice, however there are, IMO, some issues with navigation, with the
default template/theme that dokuwiki uses.

      For those interested, your responsibilities include:

      Importing and organizing the existing content from the freezope wiki

      located at
      http://crossfire.freezope.org/

      Why?

      The "new" wiki will support revision tracking and revision control -

      which will allow users to decide what needs to be removed, revised,

      updated, etc.

      Creating a new site index of content for others to update and contribute to.

      Why?

      The current wiki as a sections Lore & Legends and another section for

      Facts.  Is that still necessary?  Does those sections and their content

      need a different directory structure (or tree?) to follow?

I don't think separate sections are needed.  Most myths are originally
based off of facts, right?

What would be useful though, would be a method of obscuring spoilers.
For that, a note pointing to a rot-13 encoder/decoder would probably
work.

      Maintain the agreed upon or specified layout, flow and formatting going

      forward.

Hmm, should start a discussion on that.

      Why?

      Well, neatness and organization counts!  ;-)

      How quickly and how things move forward will depend on how many people

      contact me to volunteer.

      Thanks.

--
Andrew Fuchs