[crossfire] Buildable Land Plots

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Wed Sep 21 19:31:59 CDT 2005

Nicolas Weeger wrote:

     Hello.

     Your ideas about building on land sound fun, let's hope we can

     do something on that effect :)

     Just a note: if you intend to have land building be part of

     game, imo do it totally part of the server code, or do it

     totally through Python (or a separate plugin, for that

     matter). Remember Python is *optional*, we wouldn't want

     someone to have part of building (since in server core) but

     not some important part (in plugin) ^_-

     Ryo

     True, but in any case though, I'll be starting on the changes that that
are useful for things other than the plots first, and those will be
written in C, and whether the plot-specific parts are written in python
on not, they will depend on the nice general changes (i.e. 'global
unique' maps). So in other words, it will probably a be a while till I
get to that stage anyways.  Anyways, Now that I think about it, making
the parts that are specific to the land plots as a separate plugin might
be a good idea.

Hmm.. really a even simpler way to think about 'global unique' maps then
my original explanation is as (optionally permanent) maps created from
templates. And when applying unique or 'global unique' maps to the
random map generator, it just makes the random map generator the
template for the unique/'global unique' map.

Alex Schultz