[crossfire] Buildable Land Plots

Brendan Lally brenlally at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 12:44:44 CDT 2005

On 9/26/05, Anton Oussik <

     antonoussik at gmail.com

     > wrote:

      The drawback is that players would have to control what the shop buys

      and at what price - otherwise someone could dump a lot of useless

      stuff they can not sell on them and make them bancrupt.

I don't think that is the right approach either. Personally I would
favour the creation of an auction house, when an item or number of
items could be dropped by a player, and given a lot number, a reserve
price, and a time limit.

The other players would come along, see the lot numbers, and time
remaining, and then bid for the lot, there would probably also need to
be a way to 'show lot #' which would call describe_object against the
items in the lot.

Then, when the time expires, the highest bid wins, and x% of the money
is kept by the auction house (not sure what x should be...)